My Little Sister's Wedding: Part 1

Last week I visited Pennsylvania to attend my little sister Shana's wedding!  I thought I'd share some photos and experiences I had during my trip:   :)

Everything started out rocky.  I got a call from a co-worker the night before my flight.  "Are you going to make your flight?  I think they shut down the JAX airport!"

My heart stopped.  The only think I could think is I cannot miss my sister's wedding!  I immediately looked on the news and apparently the airport had been evacuated due to suspicious packages found in various parts of the parking garage and terminal.  One of the packages had to be removed off the premises due to it's "dangerous nature."  Luckily it was caught in time and no one was hurt!

The airport reopened and my flight was rescheduled.  The new flight time was later, so I didn't need to leave at 4:30am, but it was late enough I had to find a new ride.  Thankfully Nicole (my friend and Sailor's Omen collaborator) was able to drive me!  The flights went smoothly and I felt safe because after the threat at the airport, I assume it was the safest time to fly!  Unfortunately the flight was late enough to not be able to meet up with friends in the Philadelphia area and I got into my hometown around 10pm.

The next morning I got up, went out onto the back patio and welcomed the cool morning fog and played with my parents' dogs Meiling (pronounced May-ling) and Gucci.  For the next two days, my family and I would run around completing last minute errands before the wedding day.

Ready to touch down!

My wings today

1st destination in sight: Philly!

The skyline feels like home

Meiling


Gucci
Gucci hanging out in the backyard


October 5, 2013: Wedding Day!  The party began at 9am with the bride, mother of the bride (aka my mom), and the bridesmaids meeting at Sculptures Island Salon for hair, makeup, and mimosas.  The staff were sweet and accommodating, as we pretty much took over the place.  Everyone was in good spirits (the mimosas may have had a hand in that) as we laughed, joked, and swooned over each other's hair and makeup.

Bridesmaids' flowers
Bridesmaids' flowers
Bridesmaids' flowers, bride's earrings and rings
The rings
The bride getting makeup with Ella, her daughter, watching intently
Bride getting her hair did
My little sis - the bride!
MOTB
After mimosa #2 :)
Ella - the flower girl princess!
How many people does it take to get the bride's pumps on? Answer: 1.5
In the limo on the way to the church!
 In wedding post part 2, I'll give you a glimpse into the reception.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures during the wedding for you, but I'll be able to share them once the wedding photographer has gone through them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment